- What is this service?
- How can I access Office 365?
- Why is it important to activate my university e-mail address?
- How long can I use this service?
- Who can give me support regarding Office 365?
- How do I find out what my university e-mail address is? What can I do if I forget it?
- What can I do if I forget my login information for Office 365?
- Who is responsible for the security of the data stored in Office 365?
- What is the Neptun ID (Neptun login name)?
- What is SeKA?
As a student of Semmelweis University, you can use Microsoft Office 365 free of charge. For employees working at the university, the service will be available during the spring semester of the schoolyear of 2020/21.
The service includes the following, among others:
- Cloud-based e-mail address (Outlook) and a calendar with the help of Microsoft Exchange Online, with a university domain name. For undergraduate students the e-mail address ends with @stud.semmelweis.hu, for PhD students with @phd.semmelweis.hu. You also receive 50 GB storage capacity.
- Online Office documents: creating and editing Word-, Excel-, PowerPoint- and OneNote-documents online
- OneDrive storage: OneDrive offers every user 1 TB personal, cloud-based storage, which can be accessed from everywhere
- Shared documents: you can share your documents stored in the cloud with your peers
You can read more about Office 365 on o365.eduid.hu.
- First, navigate to the o365.eduid.hu website! There is a Login button in the upper right corner: click on it. Then start to type in: "semmelweis", and click on "Semmelweis Central Authentication" when the button appears. Then the system will redirect you to the university SeKA login page. (SeKA is an acronym, it stands for Semmelweis University Central Authentication in Hungarian). Change language to English. Now you have two options:
- f you are first-year student (and haven’t been a student here before): use your Neptun Code as Username (What is Neptun?), and your birth date in the following form: YYYY.MM.DD. as Password. E.g. if you were born on 12th August 1998, your password is: 1998.08.12. – important: a dot must be placed after each number.
- if you are in your upper years (or have been a student here before): use your Neptun Code as Username and your SeKA-password. If you don’t know your SeKA-password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service on the password manager page. If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please contact our Helpdesk. If the login was successful, you will be redirected to the page o365.eduid.hu, where a message tells you that the system will prepare a login for you in the Microsoft user identification system. This process takes a few minutes. Next, under "User info/Felhasználói információ" on the right side of the screen, you can see what your university email address will be. You will need to use this email in the next step. (If you see your regular e-mail address here, then your university e-mail is not available yet. If you still don’t see your new e-mail address after a few days, please contact our Helpdesk!
- Log in to office.com. Here you need to enter the email address you saw in the previous step under "User info" as your login name. For the actual login, you will again be redirected to the university SeKA login page, where you will log in the same way as described in the previous section. If your login was successful, you will be returned to the Microsoft website, where you can now use all the services available there, including mail (in Outlook).
You have to complete this process only the first time and every year in September (to renew your access to Office 365). Otherwise you can log in as we described in step 2.
First-year students have to use their university e-mail address as the official channel of communication with the university. You will receive every letter from the institution via this address, therefore, it’s important to set this as the primary e-mail address in Neptun and SeKA.
For students in upper years the university e-mail address isn’t considered to be the official e-mail address, so it is not compulsory to set this as the primary e-mail address in Neptun and SeKA.
You can use this service during your studies at the university. You have to log in to o365.eduid.hu every September to prove that your student status is still active (description is here). If you miss this, Microsoft will delete all your data in the cloud at the end of October at the latest. Therefore, it’s practical to save your data that you would like to keep at the end of your last university year.
Regarding accessing the service (logging in) you can contact our Helpdesk! If you have any further questions, please contact the Office 365 service provider, ie. the Microsoft customer service.
Log in to o365.eduid.hu as described in the "How can I use this service?" section. Under "User info/Felhasználói információ" on the right side of the screen, you can see what your university email address is.
You can log in to O365 at the office.com page. Your login name here is the same as your university e-mail address, ending with either „@stud.semmelweis.hu" or "@phd.semmelweis.hu". Please, follow Step 1 in the "How can I use this service?" section to find out your university e-mail address.
You don’t need a separate password for Office 365: as you log in, the system redirects you to the SeKA login, so you need your SeKA login information. If you don’t know your SeKA-password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service here: seka.semmelweis.hu/pwm. If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please contact our Helpdesk.
The service is operated by Microsoft, our university only provides access to it. Therefore, Semmelweis University and its employees cannot be held liable in any form for the data stored in the cloud service, for their security and for the damage resulting from the possible loss of data and e-mail.
The Neptun ID/code identifies students in the Neptun system, which contains official student information. It consists of 6 characters (letters or numbers) that uniquely identify a person. If you have a problem or request, it is advisable to provide your Neptun ID, because the university has more than 10 thousand students and name conflicts are common.
You can find your Neptun ID and your password in the letter in which you were notified of your admission to the university. If you are not able to log in to Neptun, please, contact your study administrators or the Neptun group.
SeKA is an acronym, it stands for Semmelweis University Central Authentication (in Hungarian). This system enables our users to access a number of computer services with a single login name and password in a secure way (e-learning, zoom, eduroam, Kaltura, e-mail lists). Another advantage of this system is single sign-on (SSO). This means that if you are logged in into any of the services that supports SeKA authentication, you can access all the others without having to type in your credentials again. You can use your SeKA account to access sites that need EduID authentication (see eduid.hu).
The SeKA user name is the same as your Neptun ID (if you are a student). The password, however, is not necessarily the same. If you were accepted in 2020 your password is your birth date as described in the "How can I use this service?" section. If you are in your upper years and you don’t remember your password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service (seka.semmelweis.hu/pwm/). If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please, contact our Helpdesk.