- What is this service?
- How can I access Office 365?
- Why is it important to activate my university e-mail address?
- How long can I use this service?
- Who can give me support regarding Office 365?
- How do I find out what my university e-mail address is? What can I do if I forget it?
- What can I do if I forget my login information for Office 365?
- Who is responsible for the security of the data stored in Office 365?
- What is the Neptun ID (Neptun login name)?
- What is SeKA?
As a student of Semmelweis University, you can use Microsoft Office 365 free of charge. For employees working at the university, the service will be probably available in 2022.
The service includes the following, among others:
- Cloud-based e-mail address (Outlook) and a calendar with the help of Microsoft Exchange Online, with a university domain name. For undergraduate students the e-mail address ends with @stud.semmelweis.hu, for PhD students with @phd.semmelweis.hu. You also receive 50 GB storage capacity.
- Online Office documents: creating and editing Word-, Excel-, PowerPoint- and OneNote-documents online
- OneDrive storage: OneDrive offers every user 1 TB personal, cloud-based storage, which can be accessed from everywhere
- Shared documents: you can share your documents stored in the cloud with your peers
You can only use Microsoft Office 365 online, it is not possible to download the programmes.
You can read more about Office 365 on o365.eduid.hu.
To access Office 365 you have to use your SeKA-login (Semmelweis University Central Authentication). This system enables our users to access a number of computer services with a single login name and password in a secure way (e-learning, zoom, eduroam, Kaltura, e-mail lists).
To activate your university e-mail address, please, follow these steps:
1. Open your internet browser.
2. Type seka.semmelweis.hu in the search bar.
3. Click the „Login” button (left-hand menu).
- Username: your Neptun code
- Password: your date of birth (format: YYYY.MM.DD.) (Don’t miss the dots after year, month and day!)
4. By clicking the "Login" button you will have access to SeKA’s user interface (the left-hand menu ribbon will turn green). You can change your SeKA password as well as set up some personal identification questions on this website, in case you forget your password later.
(If you are in your upper years (or have been a student here before): use your Neptun code as username and your SeKA-password. If you don’t know your SeKA-password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service on the password manager page. If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please contact our Helpdesk.)
5. Open a new window in your browser.
6. Type in the following: o365.eduid.hu
7. After choosing a language in the upper right corner of the page, click the "Login" button.
8. Start typing in „Semmelweis University”. A box will appear: „Semmelweis University Central Authentication”. Click the box, then click Continue.
9. The system will either log you into O365 or asks you to log in with SeKa, where you can use the above-mentioned login details (step 3). The login is successful if you can see your name and university e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) under your user data. Please copy this e-mail address. If you see your usual e-mail address here (not the new one ending in semmelweis.hu), you have not yet been granted access to Office 365. If you experience this for days, contact our Helpdesk.
10. Open a new window in your browser.
11. Type in the following: office.com
12. Click the "Login" button (left-hand side).
13. Paste your university e-mail address.
14. The system will either log you into O365 or asks you to log in with SeKa, where you can use the above-mentioned login details (step 3).
15. Click the „Outlook” icon. This is where you will be able to manage your mail.
From now on it is enough to log in to office.com to check your university e-mails. You only have to log in to o365.eduid next year (you must renew your eligibility to the Microsoft cloud next September, at the beginning of each school year).
First- and second-year students have to use their university e-mail address as the official channel of communication with the university. You will receive every letter from the institution via this address, therefore, it’s important to set this as the primary e-mail address in Neptun and SeKA.
For students in upper years the university e-mail address isn’t considered to be the official e-mail address, so it is not compulsory to set this as the primary e-mail address in Neptun and SeKA.
You can use this service during your studies at the university. You have to log in to o365.eduid.hu every September to prove that your student status is still active (description is here). If you miss this, Microsoft will delete all your data in the cloud at the end of October at the latest. Therefore, it’s practical to save your data that you would like to keep at the end of your last university year.
Regarding accessing the service (logging in) you can contact our Helpdesk! If you have any further questions, please contact the Office 365 service provider, ie. the Microsoft customer service.
Log in to o365.eduid.hu as described in the "How can I use this service?" section. Under "User info/Felhasználói információ" on the right side of the screen, you can see what your university email address is.
You can log in to O365 at the office.com page. Your login name here is the same as your university e-mail address, ending with either „@stud.semmelweis.hu" or "@phd.semmelweis.hu". Please, follow the steps in the "How can I use this service?" section to find out your university e-mail address.
You don’t need a separate password for Office 365: as you log in, the system redirects you to the SeKA login, so you need your SeKA login information. If you don’t know your SeKA-password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service here: seka.semmelweis.hu/pwm. If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please contact our Helpdesk. (If you are a first-year student, your password is your birth date in the following format: YYYY.MM.DD.)
The service is operated by Microsoft, our university only provides access to it. Therefore, Semmelweis University and its employees cannot be held liable in any form for the data stored in the cloud service, for their security and for the damage resulting from the possible loss of data and e-mail.
The Neptun ID/code identifies students in the Neptun system, which contains official student information. It consists of 6 characters (letters or numbers) that uniquely identify a person. If you have a problem or request, it is advisable to provide your Neptun ID, because the university has more than 10 thousand students and name conflicts are common.
You can find your Neptun ID and your password in the letter in which you were notified of your admission to the university. If you are not able to log in to Neptun, please, contact your study administrators or the Neptun group.
SeKA is an acronym, it stands for Semmelweis University Central Authentication (in Hungarian). This system enables our users to access a number of computer services with a single login name and password in a secure way (e-learning, zoom, eduroam, Kaltura, e-mail lists). Another advantage of this system is single sign-on (SSO). This means that if you are logged in into any of the services that supports SeKA authentication, you can access all the others without having to type in your credentials again. You can use your SeKA account to access sites that need EduID authentication (see eduid.hu).
The SeKA user name is the same as your Neptun ID (if you are a student). The password, however, is not necessarily the same. If you are a freshman, your password is your birth date as described in the "How can I access Office 365?" section. If you are in your upper years and you don’t remember your password, first try to set a new password on the SeKA Password Self-Service site with the „Forgotten password” service (seka.semmelweis.hu/pwm/). If you can answer your security questions, then you will be able to set a new password. If you don’t remember your responses, please, contact our Helpdesk.